canberrabirds

White-fronted Honeyeater at Jerra Wetlands

Subject: White-fronted Honeyeater at Jerra Wetlands
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:22:05 +1000 (EST)
For the record, the WFHE was well seen between about 1.15pm and 1.45pm by
several people including Marnix, Yarden, Steve and myself.  After a
cumulative total of about 5 hours' watching yesterday and today, it was a
relief to finally be able to watch it for minutes at a time.  Still in the
same area around the grassy knoll near the Fulica hide.  Walking back to
my car at the Kingston entrance at 2pm, I found the bird again - it flew
in front of me from a clump of eucalypts on the railway side of the path
and into some dense eucalypts.  It then flew back to the tall willows near
the grassy knoll.

It's been a good week...and there's still the weekend to come :)

Regards
Frank