canberrabirds

yfhes

To: canberra ornithological group <>
Subject: yfhes
From: William Compston <>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 12:13:05 +1000
So, what has happened to all the yellow faced honeyeaters tthis year? those
that used to migrate in huge numbers down the Murrumbidgee corridor.  Last
year there were not so many and this year no migration along that route has
been reported.  Well, they have not all stayed in the mountains, surely.
They must have gone on a different route.  When I went to Warragandra
where thousands of migrating birds have been seen in the past, I saw a few
hundred.  But numbers change from day to day.  I saw about 50 red wattle
birds, on their way.

We went to the Blue Mountains last week to see the thousands of birds
migrating there.  Well it rained and was foggy, so no birds flying.  Except
on the Friday when I visited Carol Probets.  The sun was shining,
intermittently and we saw some honeyeaters in migratory mode.  Her home is
a wonerful spot for viewing the birds.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Compston
8 Wells Gardens