canberrabirds

Typical birds

To: "canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Typical birds
From: "Martin and Frances" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:07:34 -0400
Having been designated -by Geoffrey's message about the wotsit list - Official Statistician of the 5 typical birds question, I will issue an interim and non-binding report on the matter.  (See how I have picked up the "agreed language" of the UN: hopefully it will all drop when we leave Turtle Bay.)

Folk thinking about this question should note that there have been some declared positions and some reserved positions.  Also some people suggested options which, with the benefit of offline advice, have been resolved into firm positions.

Taking all of this into consideration there are 4 outstanding candidate species for passing on to the Philm Phreak in Phrance.  However the 5th candidate is proving difficult to distinguish since there are 7 species with the same score.  While I have an algorithm to split the tie I'd prefer to rely on a popular vote so a few more submissions would be welcome.

It might be noted that the leading tipster at the moment (with a score of 4.14) is a Phemale so more input from that segment of the membership will be particularly welcome!

Martin