canberrabirds

Rainbow Lorikeets over Scullin

To: "'Anthony Overs'" <>, <>
Subject: Rainbow Lorikeets over Scullin
From: "Phyl Goddard" <>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:43:48 +1000
I recorded a pair feeding in Weetangera at my neighbour's bird table on
5 June 1997 and was subsequently told that they had been around Aranda
for a long time before that. I understood a small flock were fed daily
on nectar from a balcony somewhere in Hawker, which may have enabled the
initial escapees? to survive and breed.

Phyl Goddard