birding-aus

Range of Weebill

To: martin cachard <>
Subject: Range of Weebill
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:34:39 +1000
I've now had a look at the data for suburbs and have come to a conclusion -
without being able to demonstrate it completely satisfactorily - that they
do support the suburb-maturation.

In summary there are a number of suburbs, mainly in North Canberra,
Belconnen and Woden  which were first developed in the 1960s and GBS sites
in those suburbs start reporting increases in Butcherbird numbers around
2000.   Particularly North Canberra and Woden keep growing in Butcherbird
numbers from then on.

As well as the (planted) vegetation within the suburbs maturing these areas
are all close to large areas of native vegetation on Mounts Majura, Ainslie
and Taylor from which the Butcherbirds spread out into the suburbs.

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

JPEG image