birding-aus

Range of Weebill

To: "'Patrick Scully'" <>
Subject: Range of Weebill
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 20:29:58 +1000
Hi Patrick, Buff-rumped Thornbill is even more unlikely; that 2006 publication
that I mentioned lists that species as extinct on the Peninsula. Yellow-rumped
Thornbill is a possibility but is distinctive so unlikely to be confused and
has a patchy distribution. White-browed Scrubwren has a prominent white eye and
would be plundered by Grey Butcherbirds which have become more common in
built-up areas in the last three decades.

Mike Carter, 03 5977 1262

181/160 Mornington-Tyabb Road

Mornington, VIC 3931, Australia