birding-aus

Range of Weebill

Subject: Range of Weebill
From: Patrick Scully <>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 19:48:51 +1000
Hi All,
I posted a photo that Kevin Bartram took at Kamarooka of a Weebill  on my
Facebook page and my wife’s aunt made a comment that she used to have them
in her garden at Balnarring, on the Mornington Peninsula. I know that the
Weebill is found over pretty much all of mainland Australia. Would anyone
know if they can be seen on the Mornington Peninsula? The other thing I’m
wondering about is the exact place that the Brevirostris race finishes and
the lovely more yellow Flavescens race starts? I’ve looked at both the
Morcombe app and Pizzey app maps and to me it is a little unclear.

Ken Haines and I had an enjoyable time last September seeing Flavescens at
Mica Creek, Mt Isa.
Happy birding,
Patrick Scully
<HR>