birding-aus

Range of Weebill

To: Mike Carter <>
Subject: Range of Weebill
From: Patrick Scully <>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 21:10:07 +1000
Hi Mike,
It's an interesting hobby that we share.  Kevin's photo has spurred into
something different. And who knows what my wife's aunt saw.  The difference
between a Weebill and a Yellow-rumped Thornbill seems very different but
they do both have a white eye.  The spotted forehead and yellow rump seem
to stand out though and mixing a Weebill with a White-browed Scubwren
doesn't seem likely when you know the difference but could be possible.
But thanks for the very interesting information about the species on the
Mornington Peninsula.  It's sad to hear about the disappearance of the
Buff-rumped Thornbill.
All the best,
Patrick Scully

<HR>