birding-aus

Trip Report websites

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Trip Report websites
From: Colin Reid <>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:54:07 +1000
Hi

I would agree with Joshua, re Cloudbirders being a valuable resource, however,
I would also remind people of Surfbirds and their trip report archive.

I have noted that most of the trip reports on Cloudbirder are from tour
companies and don’t provide a huge amount of detail regarding individual,
hard-to-get species - for obvious reasons.
I have also found them more difficult to simply print off.

Individual contributors seem to figure more on Surfbirds - and, I feel, you are
more likely to get good intel from those.
I also find them a lot easier to print off.

I usually load my trip reports to both sites.

Interestingly I loaded a trip report yesterday from my recent visit to Japan on
both sites.

It’s up on Surfbirds today, but not on Cloudbirder……yet.
It took about 20 secs to load on Surfbirds, but seemed to struggle on
Cloudbirder - which makes me think it wasn’t successful, I’ll try again.

Both good sites with good info, both easy to access, maybe its a personal
preference?

Cheers
Colin

<HR>