birding-aus

Binoculars

To: "" <>
Subject: Binoculars
From: mike.honeyman <>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:34:09 +0000

It would be good to know when Dave & Michael's negative Zeiss service
experience was.Before I bought my Conquests (2015) I heard similar stories
(globally - including comments on birdforum!) But they were generally all 'a
few years ago'.
However others also said that Zeiss had upped their game, and in Australia they
had changed their local agent. The Conquests were (for me) the best binoculars
in their class / price range that I tried out. On a Uni ecology research
fieldtrip all the 'birders' in the group had either Terra, Conquest or Victory.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt.
When mine had an eyecup fault it was a couple of days after Christmas last
year- and about 48 hours before I was due to fly to Argentina for 6 weeks. The
shop I bought them from (optics central in Mitcham, Melbourne) were thankfully
open although the agents were not - I did however have contact back from Zeiss
Birding in America who said they would try their best to get some eyecups to be
somehow before I left.
Optics Central had a better plan though, as they weren't confident the spares
would come in time. They took my binos off me and loaned me a brand new shop
pair for a moderate returnable deposit.
My binos went off for warranty repair and were ready when I got back from
Argentina. I was not charged a penny.
I am a big fan of both Zeiss and Optics Central based on recent experience.
Cheers
Mike

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5
<HR>