birding-aus

Binoculars

To: Dave Torr <>
Subject: Binoculars
From: Iain Campbell <>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 15:33:48 +0000
Hi all,

I own swaros, Leica and the latest Zess victorys. As a group they a miles ahead
of any of the other brands in the highest price bracket. However when i am on a
photography rather than birding only tour, I always take my Zeiss Conquests.
They are smaller and optically so close it is irrelevant except in the most
challenging light. At around 1000 USD they are phenomenal value. I tinkered
with other brands like Nikon and Kowa for the smaller bins for photography and
they just did not match up to conquests.

in short, for the top three bins, whichever feel best in you hands, for the mid
priced bins, nothing comes close to the conquests

cheers

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 9, 2017, at 15:26, Dave Torr <> wrote:
>
> Had my Victory bins for about 15 years and opticallt great.When I got
> them had only 10 years warranty compared to lifetime for other brands
> I looked at. Had lots of small problems (eg casing gets loose) and
> hard to get repaired (I live in Werribee and their agent is here - but
> took a long tome and most of my issues were deemed to be not under
> warranty so expensive.
>
> So on balance I would not but them again
>
>> On 8 September 2017 at 22:30,  <> wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience with the various Zeiss bins? My wife has Tetra,
>> and I can't imagine anything better. However, the online reviews rave about
>> the Victory SF. At 3+ times the cost of the Tetra they would have to be
>> stunning and a real leap in satisfaction.
>>
>> Are they? I could stretch to the great cost for commensurate satisfaction
>> return, but need to be sure. No shops within reach seem to stock the various
>> Zeiss.
>>
>> I'd be grateful for any advice.
>>
>> Stephen
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> <HR>
>> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
>> <BR>
>> <BR> To change settings or unsubscribe visit:
>> </HR>
>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>