birding-aus

Drones & birding

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Drones & birding
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:00:27 +1100

I have seen an article on a duck decoy converted into a remote controlled
vessel in a model boat magazine.  It would be simple to mount a video
camera.

A friend who is keen on gadgets has one of the Apple quadricopters and it
is incredibly quiet.  The quality of the photographs wasn't very good but
that may have been a problem on the day.

As long as it is done responsibly and in the right circumstances, the use
of remote controlled devices for observation of wildlfe is a step forward.

Cheers

David

 This office is located on the land of the Kulin Nations