birding-aus

Drones & birding

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Drones & birding
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 15:26:24 +1100
Hi Eric,

Good to hear some first hand experience. If the noise of model chopper did not
cause much of a problem, small quadricopters, such as being offered by Apple
http://store.apple.com/au/product/H8859/parrot-ar-drone-2-0
should no noisier, if not less. The only drawback of the Parrot drone and
similar is the range. The Parrot's is only 50m. Could be a handy for nest
inspections and such though. It is still early days for the technology,
interesting to see what turns up in the next year or so.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford