birding-aus

Drones & birding

To: Carl Clifford <>
Subject: Drones & birding
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:36:58 +1100
Hi Carl,

No direct experience, but I know from disturbance monitoring for shorebirds
that I've done in the past that shorebirds hate helicopters.  Pretty sure
even a "toy" one woud cause large amounts of disturbance.  Also I've been
told that bird strikes on remote control aircraft can be fatal to birds
like eagles, so it's possibly also dangerous for the birds.  These are gut
reactions though, not based on any actual observations of this tech in use.

Cheers,
Chris

--

Check out our site: http://www.bird-o.com
Follow us on Facebook (Bird-O) and Twitter