birding-aus

Pintail and SMS

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Pintail and SMS
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:34:43 +1000
Personally I'd expect either no acknowledgement of the source or a very brief
one in an SMS if there's room, certainly not a URL. SMSs longer than 160
characters go as two or more messages. Most phones assemble them back into a
single message upon receipt, but a few don't, so short messages are desirable
from more than a cost point of view.

On the blog, I'd expect to see a link back to the archives, because on the web
it's general practise to direct traffic back to the site one has copied
material from. The original email itself isn't linkable, so the archived
version is the next best thing.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry