birding-aus

Eastern bristlebird in the news

To: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Subject: Eastern bristlebird in the news
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 12:44:35 +1000
Thanks Stephen,

Could you please expand on how the rally would threaten the frogs, bristlebirds and BBBQ?

I can see how the Lyrebirds, Quolls and Potoroos etc might be hit by cars traversing the route. I'm less clear on how the rally will affect the other species. In particular, where would the rally be passing through bristlebird habitat? Looking at the maps, it doesn't seem to pass along the Lions Rd through the McPherson Range (The Mt Gipps to Black Snake Ridge section of the Range is the only spot that I know of bristlebird records) or through the Border Ranges NP.