birding-aus

Bowra

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Bowra
From: "Chris Sanderson" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:53:00 +1000
Hi all,

What interests me about this whole debate is that no one seems to be
addressing the core concern of the conservation groups approached - that for
the same money much, much more could be protected.  If someone goes to the
effort of raising enough to pull off Simon's plan, why not invest in a
different property that has more value for biodiversity?  After all, the
groups approached to buy Bowra no doubt consulted with experts to come to
their decision, an offer to buy the property outright for them would not
have been taken lightly.  I have visited Bowra and it's a lovely place with
some amazing birds, no denying that, but at the same time, it's no
Mornington Sanctuary, Broome Bird Observatory, or Barren Grounds...you want
someone to buy it, you have to make your case on more than rave birding
reviews.  Let's hear some good science.

Regards,
Chris

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Simon Blanchflower <