birding-aus

Bowra

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Bowra
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:48:24 +1000
"The stumbling block proved to be the apparent need for hundreds of
thousands of $ as management each year."

It has been a observation of many that conservation bodies can be very
good at raising money to purchse properties, but often fail to budget
for maintenance (this is also a problem for bodies who are given
properties to manage for conservation).

Yes, maintenance on a property does cost thousands of dollars a year
(those who own houses will know that even a suburban house is not
cheap to maintain) and this must be factored in when propoerties are
acquired for conservation.

John Leonard

--
John Leonard