birding-aus

birding Aus postings - what not to do

To: Gemfyre <>
Subject: birding Aus postings - what not to do
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:52:36 +1000
Well put, Belinda.

In the early years of Birding-Aus I read every single message. Now that's impossible, and I usually scan the subject lines for anything that interests me, or for messages I probably need to check as a moderator. If topics go on for too long (like this one!) then I occasionally ask people to wind them up unless there is something new and important to say.

I wouldn't like to see this focus of Birding-Aus narrow. Sure, the professional ornithologist may not find much to interest them here, but there is another mailing list elsewhere for them. Mostly this list is self-regulating, because on the whole, birders are people who care about the world around them: we get very few trolls or nuisance- makers here.

There are over 730 current subscribers, and most of them will have a slightly different view of what Birding-Aus should be. I'd like to think that it is MOSTLY what MOST subscribers want in a mailing list about birding.

Good birding to you and everyone in the Birding-Aus community!

Cheers

Russell

Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus List Owner