birding-aus

Black Noddy ethics

Subject: Black Noddy ethics
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:49:18 +1000
The whole idea becomes a mess when you think of it. What about images
through night vision scopes, TV cameras. What about setting up a TV camera
on Macquarie Island and looking at the images on your TV screen at home?

I keep a separate mental list of birds I have seen on TV, but have a rule I
only count ones which were casual background, not nature shows.

Thus the list contains Alpine (aka Yellow-billed) Chough, seen recently on
an SBS cooking show. A virtual twitch?

I think my dead hurts.

Tim Murphy

I have a horrible vision, say computers improve as much during the next 50
years as they did in the last. Will they take become intelligent enough to
take up hobbies (if intelligent is the right word)? Birdwatuching?  . How do
twitchers compete with something the size of a mobile phone which may be
able to bolt on some wings and fly?

My head hurts some more - lets drop this.