birding-aus

Re: regent honeyeaters for sale in Qld

To: "Russell Woodford" <>, "Peter Madvig" <>
Subject: Re: regent honeyeaters for sale in Qld
From: "Simon Blanchflower" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:49:25 +1000
Hello, I am interested in this link, because as Russell says there are many other opportunities which are really important too - One realistic option would be to perhaps set up a birding-au trust and register it as a charity that way at least contributions would be tax deductible, however I guess we would then be competing with Birds Australia! Is that something we would want to do or are our best intentions served through simply contributing more to Birds Australia projects. Of course the benefit of having our own trust is that we can elect our own trustees and allocate to projects ourselves and effectively own these in the trust. Certainly interested but couldn't afford a large sum (sadly). Interestingly 100 acres in the Capertee valley goes for around $200,000 (I think - been a while since I've looked) and this could go down further given current property climate and where we are in the current economic cycle. We should keep ears to the ground!

Cheers
Simon.