Alexandra Appleman <>, Ian Clayton <>
RE: Common names
David James <>
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:28:37 +1000
At 14:21 10/08/98 +1000, Alexandra Appleman wrote:
>But wait, there's more!
> hopping johnny
Typical of a suite of vernacular names applied to Apostlebirds or various
babblers with much ambiguity.
> buln buln
Iv'e heard this before, but can't place it right now.
> white headed water hen
> black magpie
Torresian Crow? Glossy Ibis?
I've only heard bannanabird in reference to Lwewin's Honeyeater. But not at
PO BOX 5225
Townsville Mail Centre 4810
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>
- Re: Common Names, (continued)
- Re: Common Names, Julian Bielewicz
- Re: Common Names, Ian Fraser
- Common Names, Syd Curtis
- Re: Common Names, Ken Rogers
- RE: Common names, Ian Clayton
- Common names, Allan Burbidge
- Re: Common Names, David Geering
- RE: Common names, David Geering
- RE: Common names, Glen . Ingram
- Re: Common names, Vicki Parslow Stafford
- RE: Common names, Peter Woodall
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the archive e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: