birding-aus

2019 eBird Taxonomy Update

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: 2019 eBird Taxonomy Update
From: Steve Clark <>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 06:16:50 +0300
G’day all

If you use bird listing software and keep track of subspecies as you go the pain is taken out of updating as the software does it all for you.  I recommend Scythebill - free, powerful, easy to use and updates come close on the heels of taxonomic changes. Windows, Mac and Linux.  It also allows you to switch between IOC and eBird taxonomies.  I can understand why anyone keeping their lists in spreadsheets would dread changes.  I was once you.

So “Do yourselves a favour” as a wise man once said.  https://blog.scythebill.com

Did I mention it is free?

Cheers
Steve Clark
Arusha, Tanzania

Here, here John – a worthy reminder that there is good [and bad] in everything. Best to look for the positives. Suffice to say those people researching taxonomy are not particularly concerned with any individual’s list. Funny that.
Ken Cross

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>