birding-aus

Birding around Urana, NSW.

To: "'Martin Butterfield'" <>
Subject: Birding around Urana, NSW.
From: "Roger Giller" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:28:52 +1000
I didn’t mention the Polygon tool for that vey reason Martin. It relies on the
developer David Ellsworth <>  requesting and
downloading the location data from eBird. It then uses the top 50 locations
within the polygon based on number of checklists submitted. If even one of
those locations has been subsequently edited in eBird (deleted, renamed, merged
with another etc.) then it does crazy things along the lines of what you
described.

I was using it to get data for the polygons that describe the eBird filter
regions and a couple of times asked him to update the data which he was only
too happy to do. Another way is to identify and delete the offending location
using a binary search on the list of locations.

Roger.