birding-aus

Birding around Urana, NSW.

To: Chris Lloyd <>
Subject: Birding around Urana, NSW.
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:17:22 +1000
Chris
That would be readily available from eBird either for individual sites (aka
hotspots) or for the area as a whole (according to your definition) using
the polygon drawing tool <http://ebird-tools.thruhere.net/polygon.html> .
See also https://www.facebook.com/birdsurana/.  I have a memory of seeing a
brochure about the birdlife but can't track it down online.

Martin

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/

On 16 July 2018 at 12:35, Chris Lloyd <> wrote:

> I decide to break the journey from Sydney to Bendigo in the small town of
> Urana having seen what looked to be a nice caravan park there once before.
> The CP was one of the most delightful I have ever visited sited, as it is,
> right on the lake just outside of, but an easy walk to, town. A well
> signposted and graded track goes for 4 kilometres around the lake providing
> excellent vantage points for shorebirds and waterfowl. Perhaps the most
> surprising touch was the delivery of hot scones, jam and cream to your van
> after you arrive! Needless to say I ended up staying an extra night and
> while the birds were scarce, outside the usual suspects, and the weather
> freezing, I know I will be back.
>

> My question from all this laudatory prose is whether anyone has a bird list
> for Urana, its lakes and immediate surrounds? Any suggestions where else to
> go would also be gratefully accepted. Ciao
>

> Chris Lloyd.
>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>