birding-aus

Spanish Sparrows

To: "'robert morris'" <>, "'M. Hunter'" <>
Subject: Spanish Sparrows
From: "Dick Jenkin" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 12:16:23 +1000
Hi Michael and Rob

Yellow-legged Gulls were everywhere in Sardinia and Rome and Venice.

We also spent 4 days on San Pietro Island just off the south west coast of
Sardinia and saw a few Black-headed Gulls, 32 Slender-billed Gulls , but the
absolute highlight was seeing a lone Audouin's Gull as we circumnavigated
the island on an old lugger. Where we moored beneath some cliffs for a swim
and lunch there were about 12 Eleonora's Falcon hawking out from the cliffs.
Continuing on around the island  we came across 5 in total Mediterranean
(Yelkouan) Shearwaters as well. Not sure if this is the current correct
taxonomy for this species?

Dick Jenkin
DUNGOG NSW