birding-aus

Seeking birding companions for Iron Range NP

To: "" <>
Subject: Seeking birding companions for Iron Range NP
From: Pieter de Groot Boersma <>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:05:55 +0000
Hi there,
I'm a Dutch birder who will visit Australia for a birding/working holiday,
arriving in Cairns on the 8th of August this year. I'm planning to buy a
second-hand station car to bird Queensland from August onwards until the 31st
of October, when I will fly to Auckland from Brisbane. I will stay in New
Zealand until I will fly back to Brisbane on the 30st of November, when I will
move down south.
I really want to visit Iron Range National Park and associated areas somewhere
in the above mentioned period, but I need other birders to go there. Tim Dolby
suggested I would try to find them here. I cannot hire a 4-wheel drive because
I don't have my driving licence long enough. I think we really need a
four-wheel drive, if anyone thinks a station wagon would do the job please let
me know. I can drive though, so if anyone can hire the car on their name or
bring their own car I could drive as well. I really hope to make contact with
other birding enthousiasts.
This is me: http://ibc.lynxeds.com/users/pieter-de-groot-boersma Also, some
videos on my Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTfOc_gYUTLHvscj-DeuMQ