birding-aus

Buddy the talking Starling

To: "'Stephen Ambrose'" <>, <>
Subject: Buddy the talking Starling
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 12:10:47 +1100
That is astonishing. I suppose I can be a tiny bit happy, as a start to
2014, that I have survived all of my life, up till this stage without ever
having heard such a crazy idea. I guess such an process would inspire a
whole new vocabulary of swearing from the poor jackdaw. The only possible
thing that I can imagine to inspire such wackiness is if someone ever
dissected a bird to look at its paired syrinx, which is different to a
mammal's larynx, that they might think there is something good in split
systems. But in 1390?

Philip