birding-aus

Chatting while bird watching in a group

To: Tony Russell <>
Subject: Chatting while bird watching in a group
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:29:29 +1000
For many people birding is a social activity - I am president of a small
club and I would say well over 50% come more for social interaction than
for birds. But it is rarely a problem - the serious birders quickly move
away from the less serious ones, who tend to be happy of they see a few
birds and catch up with their friends. And if I want to do really serious
birding I go by myself or with a few equally dedicated mates