birding-aus

Mundane & Useless Threads

To: <>
Subject: Mundane & Useless Threads
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:34:53 +1000
I had a look at the Breeding Section of HANZAB for the Grey-fronted
Honeyeater. Frank's observations of a pair of nesting Grey-fronted
Honeyeaters accounted for much of what was known about the nesting biology
of that species at the time Vol 5 of HANZAB was written.  This is a clear
demonstration of the importance of recording your observations in public
media, as well as the importance of Birding-aus in providing that service.

I scanned the two pages of HANZAB that referenced Frank's observations and
have sent them to him.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW