birding-aus

Short Pied Oystercatcher

To: greg clancy <>
Subject: Short Pied Oystercatcher
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:00:43 +1100
Well said Greg, I couldn't agree with you more....

It's very frustrating to hear banding & other imperative research getting such
negative wraps on here...

Perhaps next time a twitcher with a penchant against banding/flagging birds
requests further information (aka RFI's...) on here on where to locate certain
species, they may pause to consider how much information has been collected by
valuable field research, such as banding, which has helped us understand much
about our birdlife's habits, movements, & indeed, where our birds can likely be
located....

The data derived from such field research & observation is sometimes, I
believe, taken for granted...

Cheers,
Martin Cachard
Cairns