birding-aus

Brown Songlarks and Fences

To: "" <>
Subject: Brown Songlarks and Fences
From: Chris Shaw <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:16:37 +1030
One of the biggest annoyances to a bird watcher is the number of barriers put
up to keep them away; whether it's closing off tracks, national parks, water
treatment plants, salt works or whatever. I think it's a national pastime in
Australia telling other people what to do and what to think… what do you think?
When I go bird watching in Norway and Scotland in particular they have laws
allowing access to the public to all land other than what is not in the public
safety. And many other places in the world seem to be the same. I'm wondering
whether we are the most rigidly bureaucratic society in the world; and one that
wishes more than is normal to enforce our own opinions and values on others?

Anyway all this muttering is because I took some photos of a Brown Songlark
sitting on a fence around an airport… justifiable fence I might add… but birds
have a great freedom to go where they please… not us it seems.

Anyway the Brown Songlarks are on my blog.

Chris Shaw

Mobile 0409 675912

My blog - "Top Birds and Everyfing" can be found on the following link

http://topbirdsandeveryfing.typepad.com/top-birds-everyfing/

“Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki