birding-aus

Birdline North Queensland Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline North Queensland Weekly Update
Date: 31 Dec 2012 01:31:29 +1000

Birdline North Queensland

Published sightings for the week ending 30 Dec 2012.

Sun 30 Dec Beach Stone-curlew Benwell Road, Ross River mouth, South Townsville
Beach Stone-curlew (3)
Ed Pierce

Sun 30 Dec White-browed Crake Palmetum Botanical Gardens, Townsville
White-browed Crake (1) on lagoon in park
Ed Pierce

Wed 26 Dec Oriental Cuckoo Atherton
One was observed today at about 5:30pm in a Poinciana Tree, on the Atherton State High School grounds. I've also observed a Juvenile Oriental cuckoo in Atherton on the 30-11-12 and the 1-12-12, these three sightings were probably two different birds.
Enoch Bultreys

Black-chinned Honeyeater Mount Louisa (Suburb)
Black-chinned Honeyeaters (8) were feeding in the Calliandras in our front yard this morning. Infrequently seen here. Never have we seen 8 simultaneously. The local Brown and White-gaped Honeyeaters made them feel very unwelcome and often expelled them to powerlines or neighbouring trees.
Len and Chris Ezzy

Sooty Owl (ex Lesser) Wallaman Falls Road
Sooty Owl (ex Lesser) spotted and tracked down clinging briefly to vine in first section of rainforest on allaman Falls Road (so, about 14km from the falls) at around 3am.
Tony Ashton

Little Curlew Townsville Town Common Conservation Park
Little Curlew (9) 1st viewpoint at 9.45am (not there at 7am)
Ed Pierce

Birdline North Queensland is sponsored by BirdLife Northern Queensland and BirdLife Townsville and co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds.