birding-aus

Hunting in Queensland's National Parks???

To: <>
Subject: Hunting in Queensland's National Parks???
From: "Brian and Meg" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:36:18 +1000
The new State Government up here in Qld won the election with a 5 step plan.
Step 3 includes "we will open up National Parks so that all Queenslanders can
enjoy them". I wondered what that meant when I first read it - we've personally
been to nearly all N.P.s for our birdwatching and never had a problem with
access. Now, after reading how the new conservative governments in both Vic &
NSW are allowing hunting in the N.P.s, I am wondering exactly what that
pre-election promise means. Does the "all Queenslanders" include hunters? When
I next see our local member, I'll be asking questions. Looking for birds while
wearing brightly coloured clothes for safety doesn't enthuse me.
Brian Johnson