birding-aus

Duchess NW Qld

To: "Birding-Aus \(Forum\)" <>
Subject: Duchess NW Qld
From: "Rita & Ian" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:30:48 +1000
Hi
I'm after any information about birding around the Duchess area of NW Qld.
Plus also any info about Duchess itself.  I know there is the pub there, and
nothing else.  Google Earth is useful.  I've been birding along the Cloncurry -
Duchess Road in 1995 and saw grasswrens around 30 km (I think) along this road.
 But that is the sum total of my knowledge.  The veg is mainly rough spinifex
hills with Acacia chisolmii.
Thanks for any info.
cheers
Ian Sinclair