birding-aus

Bimblebox finches

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Bimblebox finches
From: Chris <>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 16:11:14 +1000
Hi Peter, to be honest I know very little about aviculture so that isn't what I
meant. The northern subspecies doesn't have the white rump though, and bird
breeders often aim for mutations so I would expect that to source a bunch of
wild type southern subspecies birds to release wouldn't be straightforwards.

I also wonder even if the birds were released from captivity, how that would be
any different to Regent Honeyeaters in Chiltern? Would the finches be somehow
less worth of protection? I sincerely doubt the claims have any truth though,
just more rumour mongering to discredit justifiable opposition to a nature
reserve being destroyed.

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone