birding-aus

Australian Painted Snipe

To: "" <>
Subject: Australian Painted Snipe
From: Savannah Hardy <>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:30:38 -0800 (PST)
Hi all...
Can't say i've ever posted on here before...but...if anyone is interested, i
saw the Australian Painted Snipe (male) in Cobar NSW 4 days ago...My first
sighting
Sorry for the late post, couldn't get to the computer till now (not sure how
far they wander around, or how big their territory is)...Also, a few feet away
from this i spotted two Painted Honeyeaters...so its a great place for birds
right now
So, if anyone is in the area of Cobar NSW and would like to have a go at
finding it...send me a email message and i'll tell you exactly where i saw
it...(not sure if giving exact locations is a no no for this type of species,
or are they meant to be left alone??)

Email is :

Kirri