birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania - Pelagic Reports 3&4 Sept 2011 - photos. TWO n

To: "'Mike Carter'" <>, "'Nikolas Haass'" <>, "'Daniel Mantle'" <>, <>, "Raja Stephenson" <>
Subject: Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania - Pelagic Reports 3&4 Sept 2011 - photos. TWO not one CHATHAM ALBATROSS?
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 15:35:27 +1000
G’day Mike,

I suspect the first couple of images have been effected by slightly different
light or image adjustment in Photoshop as the bill doesn’t look quite as yellow
as  later shots in the run, but I suspect the dark patch is essentially the
same extent for all. The bill appears almost Salvin’s like in the first couple
of images, but even the yellower shots reveal a fair degree of dullness in the
latericorn in particular, I wonder if this bird is a young adult or if this
species has a slightly duller bill when not breeding. A very useful set of
images of a slightly duller billed bird shown extremely well. But my guess
would be a single individual is involved.

A message to Raja, your Soft-plumaged Petrel photos are by far the best I have
ever seen, you are reaching extremely high standards of image quality in you
photos. Superb tonal balance and crisp noise free images, looking forward to
every new set you post on your website.

Cheers Jeff.