birding-aus

Red-backed Button-quail

To: Robyn H <>
Subject: Red-backed Button-quail
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 09:30:57 +1000
Robyn,

Interesting that you made your observation, because I, also, recently observed similar ground markings in treed vegetation behind the beach on the north shore of Noosa (SEQ). The habitat is similar to that at Inskip Point (SEQ). I have seen nothing but roundish scratchings - no quail, no calls arousing suspicion. I went back there recently to check, but saw nothing more than I saw initially. To me they don't look exactly like the platelets of BBBQ, but I still wonder who made them. They are not the kind of scratchings made at random by such as brush turkeys. I just didn't know what to make of them.

Cheers,

Jill

Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia