birding-aus

Provenance of the ex-Siberian Thrush

To: "'Simon Mustoe'" <>, <>, <>
Subject: Provenance of the ex-Siberian Thrush
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:52:18 +1000
There seems to be a discrepancy here. Mike Carter reported on Birding-aus on
29 June that the specimen was found on a tug at Esperance:

BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject:  SIBERIAN THRUSH, has this long overdue vagrant finally made it to
Australia?
From:  "Mike Carter" <>
Date:  Wed, 29 Jun 2011 18:51:49 +1000

"From photographs of a bird found dead on the Esperance (WA) tug on 20 June
2011, we may finally have an Australian record of the long overdue SIBERIAN
THRUSH!"

It would be useful to know which version of events is right.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW