birding-aus

FW: Amalgamation

To: "gwrogers" <>, <>, <>
Subject: FW: Amalgamation
From: "Reg" <>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 19:03:50 +1000
Hi Grahame,

I wasn't going to keep going as I really would be more usefully employed working on the court case.

You say that BASQ discussed it yesterday. No one talked to me. I am a party in the court case where you say that was unsuccesful. I wish it were so. We are fighting the case desperately. The Council has now supported the developer. For the last two weeks I have been making trips to Brisbane to fight the preliminary details. For those who wish to check the details it is in the Planning and Environment Court at Brisbane and it is Rainbow Shores v Gympie Regional Council and Others (No 2768 of 2009.) We are the Others. I have to prepare to go down on Wednesday for a hearing in preparation for a trial in June. There is a mountain of stuff to do.

Cheryl Cole provided Greg Wood with a statement. He is a separate party to the appeal and is not a member of BA. I can access the material but BA gave me nothing.

If anyone wants to have a look at the report of Dr Justin Watson I'll post you a copy on a CD. Read it yourself before you tell me what is in it. I've read it.

Dez Wells, convenor of BASQ, did not offer to co- sign a letter to the court. Such a letter would be of no value anyway. They want scientific evidence, not letters of support. I think perhaps Dez may be confusing a contact I made with him over a year earlier. The only contact that I had with Dez about this matter was before the development was rejected, before the court case and before I contacted Dr Hamilton. I asked for a responsible authority to verify the evidence of BBBQ in a different area that was under threat. I asked Dez for this. The best that he could offer was a joint letter to politicians This was letter to politicians was confirmed in a previous response from Dr Hamilton. So your story is starting to wander.

Your letter demonstrates the incompetence of BA, their failure to deal honestly with members, their failure to protect birds and why we need BOCA to continue independently.

If you want to help contact me and offer help. I really have to get back to doing the court work to protect the BBBQ. The case definitely has not been won as you say.

regards

Reg Lawler

 07 54843273