birding-aus

Re: Toowoomba/Lockyer Valley, SE Qld

To: "Paul Taylor" <>, <>
Subject: Re: Toowoomba/Lockyer Valley, SE Qld
From: " Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:11:21 +1000
Looks like it will be to no avail anyway (Wivenhoe Dam flood mitigation)...latest news is that BNE will probably have a peak in excess of the 1974 benchmark on Thurs whilst Ipswich's Bremer River could peak around 22m...2m higher than 1974.......hang on folks!....Also, we too are very concerned about Bill and Eileen and have grave fears for them , let alone Abberton (which is almost certainly gone I would suspect....hoping that I am wrong of course)...Our Burnett River in Bundaberg looks like peaking again at about 5m on Thurs if we have no further heavy rain in the catchment...this will again cause inundation of some residences and businesses flooded 2 weeks ago...some of which have just finished their clean-ups...Our mayor has just been on the radio suggesting that they stop fixing things up because of the impending floodwaters....ahhhh
Bill
PS The sun has been out all day today here and as far as I know all local birders here are high and dry (and safe)