birding-aus

RE: Re: [Birding-Aus] Princess Parrots issue

To: "'Graham Buchan'" <>, "'Colin R'" <>
Subject: RE: Re: [Birding-Aus] Princess Parrots issue
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:15:22 +0930
Well said Graham.

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From:
 On Behalf Of Graham Buchan
Sent: Friday, 13 August 2010 5:01 PM
To: Colin R
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [Birding-Aus] Princess Parrots issue

Colin,

I have just been through a large part of Central Australia. Many areas are
off-limits and most are private cattle stations. The traditional owners of
indigenous land have the same rights to allow or exclude access as do any
other Australians, be they ranchers or suburban homeowners. The law does not
recognise size of block as pertinent to access - otherwise I'd have roamed
all over El Questro! It is unfortunate that access has not been granted but
how many cattle stations would allow 80 birdos into their lands, especially
as they could be liable for injury claims in the event of accidents etc.
Traditional owners have every right both at law and practically to restrict
access to their lands.

Cheers,

Graham Buchan