birding-aus

Princess Parrots issue

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: Princess Parrots issue
From: Alistair McKeough <>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:52:37 +1000
Peter - I agree entirely with what you say.

I think people travelling far and wide in search of birds is generally great
for locals. Additionally, by far the majority of people are of the "leave no
trace" ethos as regards nature. However, it's a sad fact that not everyone
has that policy, and as disappointing as it is for birders with a twitching
tendency (and I myself was starting to make travel plans), having some
santuary for wildlife where not even the most hardened birdwatchers can get
in is probably not such a bad thing.