birding-aus

afo

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: afo
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 14:49:01 +1100
It seems to me that if you want to see your article in print then there are
channels for that - and they usually involve peer review and adhering to the
style of the magazine. Peer review should make articles much more "reliable"
for other people doing research.

But lots of things get published in forums such as BirdingAus or trip
reports on websites for example (the new BOCA site allows our members to
publish trip reports, and I hope to extend that to non members and no reason
why it could not be general birding observations). Such articles will be
found by search engines and it is then up to the user to determine their
credibility - we will only check articles to make sure they are actually
about birds and not spam!