birding-aus

Combining BA - BOCA About Bloody Time!

To: Paul Dodd <>
Subject: Combining BA - BOCA About Bloody Time!
From: Luke & Amber Shelley <>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 20:58:20 +1100
Thanks for pointing that out Paul, I wasn't aware of that. I am a member of BA, but I must admit I don't bother too much with details. Does this mean we will eventually have the opportunity to vote?

Of course, my statement was partially inflamatory, and based on the assumption that the interests of the members do not align with that of the organization(s), which is clearly wrong! Please don't take all of my posts on here literally. I think it is great that they give members an opportunity to provide guidance to a working group. If they wanted, I guess they could have just put together a proposal and gone directly to a vote.

I think both organizations do a wonderful job, especially considering the recent economic climate and competitive way that [the small amount of] funds are distributed by the Government. Despite that, they still mange to engage the community, collect valuable data, and produce high quality science.

--
Luke

Sent from my iPhone