birding-aus

Semi-p Plover

To: <>, "'Phil Gregory'" <>, <>
Subject: Semi-p Plover
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:48:29 +1100
Thanks for that Sav.

The Broome bird shows white continuing from the throat to above the gape.
This is definitive of Semipalmated Plover, the cutoff point between white
throat and the dark lores in Ringed is at the point of the gape.
Everyone who wants this species on their list and can afford a quick flight
to Broome should be there now.

Cheers Jeff.