birding-aus

Clements again

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Clements again
From: jenny spry <>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:47:19 +1100
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments Phil. The Clements and IOC updates always make
interesting reading. As a user of my own homegrown xcel spreadsheet for my
lists I will now have to make some decisions as I update them for 2010. Up
to this year’s list I have used the IOC for my international list and C&B
for my Australian list.

Clements is always nice for a quick look-up as I have it on the bookshelf
and I have kept it updated with print-outs and notes. I am not sure I can
keep doing the changes though as they become more and more complicated.
Where I find Clements really useful though is, it lists all the sub-species.

This all brings up a few questions for me. First, apart from some of the
field guides, is there a list of up to date subspecies published either in
hard copy or electronically for Australia? Second, allowing for publishing
times etc the information in the latest C & B is now well over 2 years old -
for some species maybe 3+. Are there any published up dates for the official
Australian list, hard copy or electronic? Third, does anyone know if there
is an up date list for C & B, or one being planned? And fourth, if there are
no updates planned for C & B at what point should we begin to consider
adopting one of the “international” lists as the “official” Australian list?

Happy holiday time everyone and I hope you all get in some great birding
over the next few weeks. And thank you all for some really helpful and
stimulating reading over the last 12 months.

Cheers

Jen

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Phil & Sue Gregory <