birding-aus

NSW, Sydney, Victoria Park: 300 Little Corellas

To: <>
Subject: NSW, Sydney, Victoria Park: 300 Little Corellas
From: "Susan Waddell" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:17:47 +1100
Hi
This is the third year the flock of corellas has visited the area. They feed on some trees along Salisbury and other roads in the Stanmore/Camperdown area when the fruit is ripe. Each year it is amazing sight to come out in the morning to all parked cars coated in greenery from the trees above where the corellas are feeding. Not sure what the trees are but they don't have ripe fruit yet and I notice they have been at other tree species in the meantime.

This year they turned up mid Jan, in 2008 it was about 23 Jan I first spotted them and in 2007 it was end of Feb when the trees in question were beginning to ripen their fruit.

I agree they appear to be little corellas.

Susan Waddell.