birding-aus

Painted Finch

To: "Graeme Stevens" <>, "kbrandwood" <>
Subject: Painted Finch
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:20:20 +1000
Do we know that these people "examined the contents" in an invasive way?
It appears they knew there were chicks, but perhaps they could see their
heads, or only heard them, or just saw the parents bringing food.  And
once the chicks start making a bit of noise, isn't that the most likely
time for a predator to find them?  It could easily be just a coincidence
that they were there when it happened.

And 40m sounds close, but it isn't exactly on top of them.

I'm not saying these people did or didn't cause the problem, only that
it isn't a certainty.

Peter Shute

 wrote on Friday, 19 September 2008
1:42 PM: